Thursday, December 10, 2009

What soap opera was the first to introduce a homosexual relationship?

As The World turns has finally begun featuring a gay storyline with Luke, the teenage son of Holden and Lily. This made me wonder...which soap was the first to break the mold and feature a homosexual storyline. I've only ever watched the CBS soaps and I'm not familiar with One Life to Live, General Hosptial, Passions, All My Children, etc. Does anyone know of a soap having a gay or lesbian love story??



What soap opera was the first to introduce a homosexual relationship?palace theatre



GH had a gay story line, with Bobbi Spencers son being gay. Luke Of Luke and laura fame uncle to the gay lad. Don't know if it was a first. Anybody know??



What soap opera was the first to introduce a homosexual relationship?concert tickets opera theater



I think Billy Crystal was the 1st gay character in a soap, and the show was called "Soap". But I don't think they ever showed a partner for him.
I'm in the same boat as you, watching only CBS soaps, so I can't answer your question. But I can tell you that "Soap" was not a soap. It was a sitcom.
I'm not possitive, but I think that it was probably, As The World Turns!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin lightening